Backend Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Our partner, a successful online portal, is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer (m/f/d) to strengthen the Core API Team in Munich.
Relocation from abroad is possible. We will take care of your visa application and relocation to Germany. Your family members (spouse, children under 18 years old) will get a visa as well.
In this position, you will build the scalable application infrastructure and APIs bringing content to customers in the most efficient, most effective, and highest quality as possible.
- Design and develop high-scalable and high-available distributed backend applications, using modern technologies consisting of TypeScript, Node.js,
- GraphQL, AWS, Serverless and more
- Build robust GraphQL queries and REST APIs
- Extend and improve AWS infrastructure capable of handling 100.000 concurrent users
- Design microservice architecture for new product features
- Run your services in production, continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues and gaps in engineering processes
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the team
- Follow trends in software and streaming tech and turn your learnings into features and improvements that delight our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Senior Backend Engineer in large-scale high-load scalable distributed applications, with a focus on Node.js and TypeScript.
- Strong knowledge and experience in configuring and integrating AWS services, such as S3, Lambda, ECS, SQS, DynamoDB, CloudFront
- In-depth understanding of microservice architecture design principles and experience in implementing scalable distributed applications.
- Experience in API design, preferably with GraphQL.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with Serverless
- Proficiency in writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code, following best practices and coding standards.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Wide range of training and development opportunities at the internal Academy
- Great flexibility and the possibility of mobile working (remote work within Germany)
- 30 vacation days per year
- International mobile working agreement from 25 EU countries and Switzerland – for up to 30 days within twelve months
- Gym membership
- Open corporate culture without a dress code
- Relocation package
- Intro call with Transparent Hiring
- Interview with the Teamlead
- Coding challenge
- Tech interview with the Hiring Manager
- Final round