Our partner, a well-known German online platform, is looking for an Big Data Cloud Engineer (m/w/d). This is a full-time position in Düsseldorf metropolitan area, Germany (partial work from home is possible).
Relocation from abroad is possible. We will take care of your visa application and relocation to Germany. Your family members (spouse, children under 18 years old) will get a visa as well.
About the company:
- working with international business transformation environment, ensuring business excellence and profitability
- implementing state-of-the-art solutions for the next-generation supply chain, allowing the business to get the right products in the right place at the right time
- being a part of a young and ambitious team, developing and achieving business and IT goals together
- Develop and maintain cloud-based big data infrastructure in Azure to meet business requirements, and ensure scalability and economic efficiency in line with ETL and data lake principles.
- Adopt security best practices and standards for compliance to secure cloud assets and data.
- Implementing tracking and alerting systems for proactive detection and fixing of performance issues.
- Addressing technical issues to provide support for our business goals.
- Agile team dynamic that enhance our analysts and machine learning specialists.
- Assessing and making recommendations on new tools and technologies for data analytics/ scientists.
- Stay abreast of the latest in Microsoft Azure, Databricks and related topics.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an information technology field
- Experience with cloud computing services and data analytics
- Proficiency with infrastructure tools as code (IaC) and scripting languages (e.g. Terraform, PowerShell)
- Knowledge of SQL and at least one programming language (Python)
- Networking knowledge and comprehension, particularly relevant to root cause analysis of connectivity issues between cloud and on-premises systems
- Database development and data modeling experience (Databricks/Spark and SQL Server DB) and expertise in relational, NoSQL and cloud database technologies
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent English (at least C1), German is a plus
- Work experience with big data/machine learning processes
- Expertise and experience with MS Azure tools such as Data Factory, Event Hub, Databricks, ML, ADLS gen2, SQL Database, WebApps and Network Services
- Mobile working within Germany incl. equipment and flexible working hours
- Hybrid work model with a mix of home office and on-site (1-2 days a week) presence
- State-of-the-art technologies
- Attractive remuneration
- Vacation and Christmas bonus
- Future-oriented training & development
- Modular onboarding and an onboarding buddy
- Health perks
- Relocation package
If you are interested in joining the team as Big Data Cloud Engineer (m/w/d), do not hesitate to apply for the job and send us your CV.